Managerial staff and technical specialists
Our client is a renowned foundation committed to counteract poverty. As a professional investor, the foundation supports social enterprises worldwide. On behalf of our client, we are looking for a new team member in the area of
IT Support and Development 100% (m/f)
You are responsible for the IT infrastructure and applications, contribute to their further development and ensure that all systems run smoothly. Responsibilities include configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of existing hardware and software environments as well as development of new project ideas for the extension of existing software and hardware (technical clarification, cost analysis, proposal, and implementation). Furthermore, you will be in charge of the technical support for employees, including group and one-on-one instruction. The development of guides for various software, hardware, and system processes enriches your varied responsibilities. IT administration tasks include, among others, researching and ordering IT equipment, handling mobile subscriptions, managing invoices, safely disposing of electronics and toner cartridges. You may, in addition to the responsibilities outlined above, be asked for support in other related areas.
To succeed in this challenging position, you are expected to be familiar with intermediate programming principles and have previous experience in basic business administration. Ideally, you have a background in an innovative field of study that applies technical systems (i.e. computer programming and hardware engineering) in a variety of creative contexts. We are looking for candidates with experience in giving technical workshops or lectures at college/university level or above, as part of your responsibilities include teaching technical processes and new software to the rest of the organization.
As a qualified candidate you possess the following competencies and experience in
- Configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network and server rack components:
router, switch, firewall, WLAN access points, Synology NAS, UPS unit
- VOIP system, including a familiarity with the UPC VOIP interface and configuration settings for Panasonic and Alcatel desk and conference phones
- Installation, configuration, and repair of computers and mobile devices (Windows/Mac)
- Configuration of monitors, docking stations, telephones, conference phones, and other desk peripherals
- Familiarity with print calibration settings, especially regarding color and positioning on Xerox and HP Printers
- Sound (basic audio engineering), lighting, and projection systems for event planning
- Office 365 (Word, Excel, OneNote, Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneDrive, etc.)
- Windows PowerShell and advanced administrative commands
- Salesforce Lightning backend configuration and data management, including Flows and Data Loader
- WebMerge template configuration
- Unifi online systems
- VPN management (OpenVPN and usage of RADIUS authentication)
- TeamViewer remote desktop
- 1Password vault management
- Zendesk ticketing system
- Domain management
- Configuration of mobile operating systems (iOS and Android)
- Wireless screen sharing configuration (e.g. using Miracast, Apple TV, and other similar technologies)
You are a creative individual with the ability to learn quickly and develop intuitive solutions for the optimization of our client’s IT workflow and the maintenance of their IT infrastructure. With regard to your working attitude, you must be independent, highly organized, and willing to learn new processes in a short time. Flexibility and adaptability are desired for this position. We seek candidates who are comfortable working outside of regular office hours (e.g. evenings, weekends, holidays). You may also be asked to advise on the technical setups of events. Thus, knowledge on sound, lighting, and projection systems in addition to experience in working in event or performance venues is highly advantageous.
As our client is a foundation in the social sector, it is important that you have a deep understanding of the culture from at least two of the world’s largest economies and have a high interest in the development of emerging markets. You must also demonstrate good interpersonal skills and be willing to contribute to team entrepreneurship events and workshops. The profile is directed to applicants who are fluent (at least on C1 level) in either English or German, although proficiency in both is preferred.
If you are keen on a long-term employment in this exciting field of work and want to contribute to our client’s globally valuable social impact, you will benefit from a motivating, familiar surrounding in a prospering organization whose values are trust, high ethical standards and conscious engagement. You can count on tasks offering you a wide range of topics with a multitude of cultural insights.
We are looking forward to receiving your application in German or in English (complete with your motivation letter and your CV, including a list of hardware and software competencies, in PDF format) to Claudia Fröhlich. Thank you for your interest.